While we were there, we checked out some of the other exhibits. I have to say Camille & Clyde's attention span was much better than expected and they were pretty good. Clyde was only reprimanded once by a museum docent for touching a display. Yikes. Actually I thought that was a pretty good record for an active 3.5 year old boy.
Later that day, it had warmed up some so we ran around in the yard. And Camille learned to ride a two wheeler. Woohoo! This is actually Clyde's bike but it easier to ride than hers which is a little bigger. As every proud mother would do...I took a video.
Here goes with this week's back to school menu planner....
Sunday - Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Monday - Black Bean & Sausage Stew (From February 2013 Family Circle - recipe posted below)
Tuesday - Chicken & Corn Soup, Store bought Vegetable Spring Roll
Wednesday - Tacos with Ground Turkey
Thursday - Spaghetti with Italian Sausage
Friday - Light King Ranch Casserole
Black Bean and Sausage Stew
1 pound black beans
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
Chopped cilantro, avocado, tomato and sweet red pepper for garnish (optional)
1. Cover beans with water and soak overnight, or follow quick-soak method on packaging.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in broth, 2 cups water, soaked beans, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Simmer, covered, 60 minutes or until beans are tender; add red pepper during last few minutes of cooking.
4. Remove about 1 cup of the mixture to a blender and puree; return to pot.
5. Garnish each serving with chopped cilantro, avocado, tomato and sweet red pepper, if desired.
In other news....I finally decided on some slippers. Remember this post. I got the ones from Lands' End. Love them! I do wish I could wear them outside to get the mail or to run after my children who escaped and are now playing in the front yard alone. I may splurge on Uggs next year. I hear they are the best. Enough slipper talk...this is getting boring....happy weekend everyone!