Tutu Table

As promised, here are some more pictures and instuctions on creating the tutu table in Camille's room.

First as a reminder, here is my inspiration photo.

 Here is my table before....


I painted it with primer and then did one coat of Martha Living Metallic Paint from Home Depot.  I used vintage gold and some of the white of the primer came through which I liked.


I purchased the tulle for less than $2 a yard from Hobby Lobby. I got 6 yards but I probably did not need that much. My table was 57" around and 25.5" down. I ended up layering the tulle 4 times. I then used gathering tape (not sure if that is the exact name) from the drapery section at Hancock Fabrics. This was used to make the tulle gather. I pinned it to the top.

Then ran it through my sewing machine.

Then pulled the strings to gather. I then attached it to my table using a staple gun.





I then used my glue gun to attach the satin ribbon.



And voila!


I will be back tomorrow with more updates on the the frame for Camille's artwork as well as some spray paint updates to accessories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superhero Soccer Party

Snow day....

Deal found! Crocs!