$6 Update!

Sorry for the lack of posts. I have been balancing quite a few things the past few weeks...the real estate market is picking up. Spring is historically a great time to buy or sell a home. If you are thinking  about it, give me a call.

After seeing Emily A Clark's post yesterday about rediscovering Garden Ridge, I decided to take a trip for myself. And there are some deals to  be found in there, I recommended it to some of my clients that are having to furnish new homes.  There are tons of throw pillows, bar stools, vases, artwork and the most adorable outdoor chairs in bright red, green and yellow. 

I found some great fabric remnants for $5.99 each. One was 2 yards and one was 3 yards.





I decided to use the black fabric on the end of the bed bench in our bedroom. So in less than an hour and for $6 the bench went from this...


to this.....


I like the darker color up against the bed spread. The original bench had trim stapled on which I removed with a screw driver and pliers. Here are some of the in process photos....





Now on to curtains. I am going to try to make my own panels if  I can find some inexpensive fabric. I also am not in love with the prints over my bed so I am searching for something new there. 

For the yellow fabric from Garden Ridge, I am thinking of recovering my dining room chair bottoms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superhero Soccer Party

Snow day....

Deal found! Crocs!