Menu Planner


My kids especially Clyde are really picker eaters...so I really like Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious. There are quite a few things in there that Clyde will eat. So I saw Jessica on Oprah last week and she has a new book, Double Delicious! and I was interested. I used a Barnes and Noble gift card this weekend and purchased. So far so good...I made a bunch of purees yesterday that are in my freezer. We made Homemade Chicken pizza last night and it was good. I posted the recipe.

Monday - Double Delicious! Orange Beef
Tuesday - Double Delicious! Lemon Chicken, Risotto, Sauteed Zucchini
Wednesday - Double Delicious! Turkey Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday - Double Delicious! Chicken & Rice Soup, Grilled Cheese

Chicken Pizza (Source: Double Delicious, Jessica Seinfeld)
Nonstick Cooking Spray
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sweet paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups jarred marinara sauce
1/2 cup carrot puree
1 lb frozen pizza dough
2 cups mozzarella

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic power, paprika and pepper. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. When the chicken is cooled, thinly slice.

In a medium bowl, mix the marinara sauce and carrot puree until smooth. Cut the dough in half. Roll out each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface and shape into a round disk with your fingers.

Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Top each pizza with the sauce. Top with the sliced chicken, then cheese. Bake until the crust is cooked and the cheese is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing.

My kids are still under the weather but Michael and I really liked this. I am going to try it out on my kids soon. You could used the pre-cooked chicken as a time saver.


We did get to do a little trick or treating! Yea!



PS...Look at my sad pansies! Not the right flower for my shady front porch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superhero Soccer Party

Snow day....

Deal found! Crocs!