Meals for the week....
Saturday - Turkey Burgers and French Fries
Sunday - Cheesy Baked Tortellini by Giada
Monday - Seared Almond Crusted Chicken with Baby Corn and Tomatoes by Robin Miller
Tuesday - Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos by Robin Miller (recipe below)
Wednesday - Flank Steak marinated in Soy Sauce & Garlic, Teriyaki Rice and Edamame cooked in soy sauce
Thursday - leftovers or takeout
Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos
(1) tbsp olive oil
(2) cloves garlic, minced
(1) 1.25 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
(1) 8 oz can tomato sauce
(1) tbsp minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
(1) tsp dried oregano
(8) 6 inch flour tortillas
(1/2) cup shredded cheddar or queso fesco or monterey jack cheese
Additional toppings (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the pork and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, chipotles, and oregano, bring to a simmer and let simmer until the pork is just cooked through (still slightly pink in the center) and the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
2. If desired, for warm tortillas, wrap them in a clean kitchen towel and warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds on High.
3. Arrange the pork on the tortillas, top with cheese and other toppings as desired and serve.
Michael and I worked on a bunch of projects today. Check back for before and after pictures this week!