In this post, I am going to explain to you how hiring a property management can help to save the owner more than just the price of the management fee. Let's say we have a home that rents for $1600/month. As a real estate management organization our average fee locally is 6-10%. Therefore, let's use 8% of $1600 which is $128/month. For an example our company only charges a flat fee of $75 a month for monthly management, however I'll show you the way a property manager can help to save above $1200/year by using a professional in the business.
Five Concrete Ways in which a Property Management Company Can Save Time and Money for an Owner
1. The very first way a management company can save you money is by maximizing rents. These management companies comprehend rental prices and what a tenant would most likely like to pay for a particular unit in a certain area. Property managers in addition have a footing on advertising and featuring. They know all the suitable areas to market and are available promptly to show properties to have them rented for the best conceivable price. On average a property management provider can help to save at the very least $50/month over 12 months which is already $600
2. The next method that can help you save money is by means of reducing vacancies. Your average owner will take approximately sixty days to fill a vacancy with respect to the current market not surprisingly. Utilizing a property management company, they average under 1 month. All over again, with an ordinary lease of $1500, the specialist will save you over 12 months $1600 because of this one area.
3. The 3 rd area a management company can save you money is by marketing. Real estate managers possess lower prices through internet sites and newspapers. They usually can save no less than $150 during marketing and advertising through 1 year as opposed to an individual owner.
4. Your fourth place to save you money is usually as a result of maintenance and repairs. The majority of property management organizations get access to vendors at lower rates. Our organization helps you to save approximately 30% the normal cost for an individual owner. For a typical single family house the cost of maintenance as well as repairs over one year averages around $250-$400 depending on the residence. Some of our more recent properties never have any maintenance in the course of the year, a few of older properties can have more issues throughout the year. Along with a 30% savings this saves the owner $75 to $150 over 1 year. *Our partnership with the regional title company has allowed us to provide our owners with discounted home warranties as well for older houses with estimated approaching repairs.
5. The fifth method is through selecting a very good qualified tenant through our screening process techniques. Many property management organizations have fewer than a 1% eviction rate as a result of in depth verification measures that they already have executed. The "bad apples" realize that they can't successfully pass a management company's screening process so they will rent through the individual owners and sell them regarding how excellent of a tenant they are going to be even though they don't have credit history, or no leasing references, as well as no Id, or even a large amount of additional reasons they use. This on its own helps you to save the owner the price of eviction which within our region averages around $1,000, the price of loss rent of about 1 month of $1,600, plus the expense of repairs of approximately $1,500. This thorough screening practice on its own can help to save the owner $4,000!
The majority of owners mainly think about the management fee that they're losing but not concerning these 5 areas which a management company can help to conserve them money. Along with these typical estimates above, a professional management company can help to save the owner more than $6,000 in a year.
Vienna Property Management, Rocklin Property Management in Rocklin CA specializes in Single Family and Multi Family residential real estate management. Scott Schuhwerk of Vienna Property Management has vast experience in professional residential property management and tenant placement.