The Makenna Foundation Event

This past weekend my office was in preparation for an event held every year to benefit The Makenna Foundation! It is such a blast and one of my favorite nights of the year!


It is for such a great cause {CLICK HERE to read the story of Makenna!} and I love how my entire office rallies around to help and just do whatever is needed to get ready for the event of almost 1,000 people in attendance!

There were so many great auction items! So fun! One of my favorites... Emily got a quick pic with while we were setting up yesterday...
Josh Harrilson signed  "Jorts" hahaha :) I know she secretively wanted them... I should have bid on them for her and saved them for Christmas! What a good boss I would be ;) LOL

The tents went up and we started helping! Crossing our fingers for no rain, and prayers were answered because it was a perfect night! No complaining from me... felt great!

After helping, Emily and I decided we would go for a little boss/employee/bff make up pow wow ha and get our eyes done at MAC just for fun!


The event was beautiful! Everything was so pretty! Lots of people sat to watch the Live Auction by the awesome Mike Gooch...


Chris and I did a little bidding in the silent auction (no surprise this is my favorite part of the night ha!) and ended up coming home with a bunch of football tickets lol

We are the proud owners of this little basket, with some UK goodies and 2 tickets to the UK vs Tennessee game which just so happens to be on my bday :) Can't wait!! Also excited about that cozy handmade UK blanket! So cute!

And....


 Two tickets to the UK vs UL game next weekend... with a Joker signed football.... Randall Cobb would have been better but we aren't complaining ;)
Speaking of Mr. Cobb himself, remember in this post when I introduced Emily and told you she hangs with celebs... well it was no lie... and here is another pic to prove that true... :)

If you want to meet UK sports celebs, just follow Emily around all weekend :)

After the event, Chris and I went to the opening of the new "Trust Lounge" downtown Lex. This place was awesome... SO much fun, so pretty and clean and just overall different than any bar in Lex. I have not been a huge fan of the "bar scene" here for a couple years now (I am old now in case you forgot and have a big girl job ha) but this place didn't feel like a drunk college bar, it was awesome!
We saw lots of friends there and
I did run into this little lady...

Meredith is a friend/Realtor/competitor of mine haha but we love each other despite our builder rivalries! :) She is also the author of one of my fave blogs, Home and Nom, check it out she always has some great recipes on there!! Yum!!

The next day we went to Louisville to visit Chris's fam and celebrate Grandparents Day a day early :)


How cute is that? Love this picture!

And a few other randoms of the day...

A sweet cousin picture... def a framer!

Look at this model... :)


Ava & Claire
 (clearly after Ava's bow had been wind blown haha)

And because I know you are wondering how my sweet angel is doing...

 He is cute as ever, and he got a new little reindeer toy he is currently obsessed with and brings to bed to sleep with every night ;) So precious!

For you Lex folks... I got a new Real Estate Development account of some ammmazzinggg condos/townhomes for sale... will be sharing pics and stuff this week! They are perfect for a young professional and in a great location in Hamburg! Can't wait to share!! So excited! :)

Will Pinterest tomorrow a day late, gotta go to bed, so tired!!
Happy Monday!!
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superhero Soccer Party

Snow day....

Deal found! Crocs!